Instant Offer is a new free service from carsales, offered exclusively to carsales members and is a great alternative if you’re looking to sell your car quickly and are happy to accept a wholesale price.
With Instant Offer, the process is simple:
- Carsales offer you a specific “sell now” price for your vehicle i.e. The Instant Offer
- To confirm the Instant Offer, you will need to have the car condition checked by a mobile RedBook inspector.
- Once your instant offer is booked and you have selected your date and time we will inspect your car to check that it matches the details submitted online and meets the offer conditions; The offer is based on your vehicle's description as entered online. If you select the wrong year, transmission, or badge/series, the offer will be void.
The vehicle needs to be in good condition and meet the offer conditions below:
- Would pass a roadworthy inspection
- Is currently registered
- Does not meet our Unfair wear & tear damage assessment. Applicable to both the interior & exterior of the car.
- It has complete service records
- Free from mechanical issues
- Free of rust
- No modifications
- Clean title history
- Not written off
- Not effected by Takata airbag recall
- If it all checks out, you can choose to accept the offer on the spot with the RedBook inspector. He will talk you through the report and overall final price figure for your vehicle
- You can choose to select: YES/NO or Maybe.
- If the offer is accepted, the wholesale buyer will contact you to either have the car picked-up for a small fee. Alternatively you can drop the car off at one of the statewide locations.
- If you select Maybe you have 48 hours to go into your Carsales account and accept your Instant Offer.
Please note: While you may be offered slightly less for your car than you would selling through private channels, this is a quick and convenient method of sale which offers you next business day payment.