- What is an RVA?
An RVA is a remote video assessment guided by one of our assessors to help you understand the condition of your next potential vehicle purchase.
- How does an RVA work?·
Once your RVA is booked, our assessor contacts the sellers via video chat to discuss their vehicle
· Assessors then gather additional data. Sellers are guided around the vehicle so we can collect key photos, servicing information, under the hood, tyre close-ups and other relevant items.
· A detailed report is collated and delivered to your inbox
- What is included in an RVA
o Seats, seatbelts, functioning horn and locks
o Assessment of any visual accident damage or previous body repair.
- Vehicle Verification
o Photo capture of compliance plate, build and registration.
o Assessors have the ability to question specific elements to identify common problems with the vehicle.
- Prospective buyers will also receive a Carfacts report which includes;
o Stolen status
o Finance owing
o Written off status
o Any records of Odometer rollback
- I have booked an RVA, what happens next?
Our assessor will contact the owner of the car to complete the RVA. Once complete, you will receive a digital report outlining the findings.
- How long does an RVA take to complete?
The Remote Video Assessment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- What is the turnaround time to complete an RVA
In most cases, an RVA can we completed in 1-3 business days, subject to owner availability.
- When do I get my report?
Once the assessment is complete, the report is sent within 24 hours to you via email.
- What if I want to cancel, can I get a refund?
In order to receive a refund, please cancel your RVA 24 hours prior to the completion of your assessment.
- What happens if the seller can't participate in a remote video assessment?
There may be a number of reasons a seller may be unable to participate in a remote video assessment. They may not have a suitable device or there might be a challenge with mobile coverage. If this is the case, our team will try their best to reschedule the RVA but if this is not possible we will let you know and cancel and refund the RVA.
- What’s not checked during an RVA?
· Road test
· Brake function and lining material, brake drums, limited to what is immediately visible
· Evidence of brake fluid contamination/hydraulic fluid
· Anti-lock braking system (ABS) mechanics
· Meters indicating oil and fuel consumption or the degree of oil and fuel consumption
· Reason for oil leaks
· Oil pump strainer to assess sludge build up
· Wheel cylinders
· Hybrid/Electric car Batteries
· Vehicle electrics and electronics
· Transmission mechanics
· Engine cylinder compression
· Engine mountings
· Water pump/fan
· Body water leaks or reason for leaks
· Odometer and camshaft belt, drive belt and timing belt
· Estimated expiry of exhaust system, clutch, dual mass flywheels
· Standard to which repairs or service history have been completed
· Functionality of audio-visual or entertainment system including CD, Cassette, TV, DVD, iPod connectivity, sensors, alarm/security devices, satellite navigation systems/GPS
· Degree of gas emissions
· Catalytic converters
· Additional accessories included as a result of owner’s modifications
· Mechanical switching of wipers and lights
· LPG systems
· Air conditioning efficiency
· Status of habitation areas of motorhomes or caravans
· Vehicle’s computer systems, such as trip meter computers, cruise control and any other computer systems
· Technical systems
- Will the vehicle be turned on during the RVA?
Our assessor instructs the owner of the vehicle to turn on the car and start the engine. The assessor then checks the dashboard for any warning lights.
- How do I check the status of my RVA?
Our assessors will attempt to make contact with the owner of the vehicle to organise an assessment within 1 business day. Appointment bookings will be scheduled based on the owner's availability.
You can check the status of your assessment here
- Can I get in contact with the assessor?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a Q&A session with our assessors after the assessment is complete.